Department / Unit:
|$30.08 - $41.60 per hour
The Pembroke Regional Hospital requires one(1) Sonographer to work in the Diagnostic Imaging Department. This position is offered on a Casual basis.
Sonographers practise as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Standards set by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, Sonographers provide professional diagnostic services to patients.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts including weekends.
- Current registration with Sonography Canada as a Canadian Registered Generalist Sonographer (CRGS)
- Previous experience in Abdominal, Obstetrical and Gynecological Scanning
- Demonstrated experience with PACS applications
- Previous experience in a hospital or health care Diagnostic Imaging department
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, colleagues and other health care disciplines
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Demonstrated commitment to personal continuing education activities
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism (English and French) is preferred
- Experience in vascular scanning, musculoskeletal, shoulder, Doppler and cardiac scanning is an asset.