Department / Unit:
|$47.97 - $52.56 per hour
The Pembroke Regional Hospital requires one (1) Pharmacist to work in the Pharmacy Department. This position is offered on a Temporary Full-time basis.
Pharmacists work within a multidisciplinary health care team by providing clinical pharmacy support that ensures safe and appropriate prescribing practices, monitors patient outcomes and prevents adverse events.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts including weekends.
- Baccalaureate of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized University
- Current registration, in good standing, with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Minimum one year current experience in a hospital acute care environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of various computer programs including Microsoft Office, word, excel
- Knowledge and familiarity with computerized pharmacy systems
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff, students and health care team
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning as required by the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred