Department / Unit:
|$21.87 - $22.80 per hour
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Unit Clerk, to work in all clinical areas as part of a Resource Team. This position is offered on a Casual basis.
Unit Clerks practise as members of a multi-disciplinary team and follow the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts including weekends and to work as the Unit Clerk in any program of Nursing.
- Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma in a 1 year program from a Community College in a related field
- Medical Terminology Certificate which will be evaluated through standardized test (a pass is at least 70%)
- Minimum typing speed of 30 wpm which will be evaluated through standardized test
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience about the functioning of a nursing unit
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred