Department / Unit:
|$30.08 - $41.60 per hour
The Pembroke Regional Hospital requires one (1) Echocardiographer (Cardiac Sonographer) to work in the Diagnostic Imaging Department. This position is offered on a Casual basis.
Echocardiographers (Cardiac Sonographers) practise as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Standards set by Sonography Canada. In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, Echocardiographers (Cardiac Sonographer) provide professional diagnostic services to patients.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts including weekends.
- Current registration with Sonography Canada as a Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer in Adult Echocardiography (CRCS(AE))
- Graduate from a Canadian Medical Association approved program in Cardiac Sonography
- Previous experience in a hospital or health care Diagnostic Imaging department
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and Radiology Information System
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, colleagues and other health care disciplines
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Demonstrated commitment to personal continuing education activities
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred
- Experience in vascular scanning, musculoskeletal, shoulder, Doppler and cardiac scanning is an asset.