Department / Unit:
|$45.20 to $49.51 per hour
The Pembroke Regional Hospital requires one (1) Clinical Manager to work in the Operating Room, Day Surgery, Recovery Room and Medical Device Reprocessing Department (MDRD). This position is offered on a Full-time basis.
Clinical Managers work collaboratively with members of the Management Team to coordinate effective daily work flow coordination, ensure effective and efficient use of resources, support safe patient care and support the corporate vision.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, Surgical, Obstetrical & Critical Care Programs, the successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and activities of the department.
- Current certificate of competence as Registered Nurse (RN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience which preferably includes a minimum of 2 years of formal supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated effective teambuilding and coaching skills
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Experience working with unions and union contracts
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Demonstrated understanding of formal and informal systems in an organizational environment
- Demonstrated experience in clinical outcome measurement and continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized office applications
- The successful applicant will be required to complete MDRD certification
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred
- Leadership/Management Certificate
- Recent clinical experience in an Obstetrical and Surgical setting
- Knowledge and experience with health promotion principles
- Experience in Lean Management