Department / Unit:
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist to work in the Diagnostic Imaging Department. This position is offered on a Temporary Part-time basis.
MRI technologists function as a member of the Diagnostic Imaging team to provide MRI diagnostic services to patients. Using the knowledge, skill, judgment and training of an MRT(MR), and in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Standards set by the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario and Hospital policies and procedures, MRI Technologists perform diagnostic examinations on patients.
Applicants must be available to work on all shifts and weekends.
Hours: Variety of shifts including days, afternoons, weekends and holidays
(subject to change based on operational needs)
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Radiation Technology
- Member in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario with the designation of MRT (MR)
- Experience is an asset, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated and proven strong public relation skills
- Demonstrated computer software application skills and knowledge of automated and semi-automated instrumentation and equipment (HIS, RIS and PACS)
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred