Department / Unit:
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for two (2) Physiotherapists to provide Rehabilitation Services to inpatients and outpatients as part of the Rehabilitation Program. These positions are offered on a Temporary Full-Time basis.
Physiotherapists practise as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Public Hospitals Act, and the Standards set by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, Physiotherapists provide professional care to patients.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts including weekends.
Hours: Variety of shifts including days, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays (Subject to change based on operational needs)
- Current certificate of competence as a Registered Physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning in physiotherapy
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred