Department / Unit:
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to work in Rehabilitation Program. This position is offered on a Temporary Part-Time basis with a .5 FTE commitment.
Registered Practical Nurses practice as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Nursing Act, and the Standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, RPN’s provide professional nursing care to patients.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts and weekends.
Hours: Variety of shifts including days, afternoons, weekends and holidays (subject to change based on operational needs)
- Current certificate of competence as Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Program of study must have included surgical asepsis and medication administration, or must provide proof of post graduate completion of these courses
- Basic cardiac life support certification
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the College of Nurses standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning in nursing
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred