Department / Unit:
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Registered Nurse (RN) to work in all clinical areas as part of a Resource Team. These positions are offered on a Temporary Part-Time basis with a .4 FTE commitment. Individuals will be required to work on surgical, medical, rehab, pediatrics, obstetrics, acute mental health and emergency as assigned.
Registered Nurses practice as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Nursing Act, and the Standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, RN’s provide professional nursing care to patients.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts, including regular and extended shifts and weekends.
- Current certificate of competence as Registered Nurse (RN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Program of study must have included physical assessment or must provide proof of post graduate completion of this course
- Basic cardiac life support certification
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the College of Nurses standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning in nursing
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred