Department / Unit:
|Operating Room/Surgical Program
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to work in the Operating Room/Surgical Program. These positions are offered on a Part-Time basis with a .5 FTE commitment.
Registered Practical Nurses practice as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Nursing Act, and the Standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, RPN’s provide professional nursing care to patients.
Hours: Variety of shifts including days, afternoons, nights and weekends. (Subject to change based on operational needs).
Applicants must be available to work all shifts including weekends and when on-call must be available within a response time of twenty (20) minutes.
- Current certificate of competence as Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Program of study must have included surgical asepsis and medication administration, or must provide proof of post graduate completion of these courses
- Post Graduate Operating Room Certificate, or equivalencies which will be evaluated at the time of hire
- Minimum three years current Operating Room experience
- Basic cardiac life support certification
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the College of Nurses standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning in nursing
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred