Department / Unit:
|Emergency Department & Intensive Care Program
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to work in in Emergency Department and Intensive Care Program. This position is offered on a Temporary Part-Time basis with a .5 FTE commitment.
Registered Practical Nurses practice as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Nursing Act, and the Standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, RPN’s provide professional nursing care to patients.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts and weekends.
Hours: Variety of shifts including days, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays (Subject to change based on operational needs).
- Current certificate of competence as Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Practical Nursing two year diploma program or completion of an RPN Certificate program plus additional college equivalent courses required to deliver care at the full scope of RPN practice as established by the College of Nurses of Ontario required. (This includes, but is not limited to the administration of blood and blood products, advanced wound care, administration of medications, initiation and management of peripheral intravenous therapy and specified medications, medication administration and processing physicians orders)
- Two (2) years emergency nursing or medical/surgical experience required (preference will be given to those with current emergency nursing experience)
- Demonstrated ability communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated patient/family teaching skill
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the College of Nurses standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning in nursing
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred