Department / Unit:
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Purchasing Clerk for Materials Management Department. These positions are offered on a Casual basis.
Reporting to the Materials Management Supervisor, the Purchasing Clerk receives order requests from departmental Managers, creates purchase orders and processes order requests with appropriate vendors based on approved vendor list, relays required order information between departmental Manager and vendor accordingly, receives quote requests from departmental Manager, processes quote requests with appropriate vendors based on approved vendor list, relays required quote information between departmental Manager and vendor accordingly, retrieves and files Medical Records as required, assist with the retention and destruction of hospital files, assist with other administration functions as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum one year (1 yr) college diploma in Business, Accounting or Procurement related field
- Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics and GHX software or equivalent is an asset
- Skilled on computer software with essential preference on excel spreadsheet and word processing
- Ability to use Microsoft Office email and internet browser software
- Proficient on keyboarding and typing skills 40 wpm which will be evaluated through standardized test
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, strong team orientation with good communication and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of medical / surgical supplies and equipment is an asset
- One year recent ‘supply chain’ experience in an administrative capacity
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Functional level in English (oral and written)
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred