Department / Unit:
|$37.59 - $46.60 per hour
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Nuclear Medicine Technologist to work in the Diagnostic Imaging Department. This position is offered on a Casual basis.
Nuclear Medicine Technologists practice as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Standards set by the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario. In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, Nuclear Medicine Technologists provide professional diagnostic services to patients.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts including weekends and any callbacks as required.
- Current CAMRT (Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists) registration and CMRTO (College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario) in the specialty of nuclear medicine MRT(N) registration
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Radiation Technology in Nuclear Medicine
- Previous experience in cardiac, bone, Sentinel Lymph Node (SLN) and thyroid scans
- Perform radiation safety monitoring, reporting and record keeping under the supervision of the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) and proactive on promoting a safe work environment as well as adhering to all Licensing and Radiation Safety Guidelines set out by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Previous experience with diagnostic and therapeutic isotopes
- Demonstrated experience with PACS
- Previous experience in a hospital or health care Diagnostic Imaging department
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and Radiology Information System
- Excellent technical and patient care skills
- Demonstrates independent judgement, skill and initiative in the performance of duties
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred