Department / Unit:
|$31.76 - $44.03
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Occupational Therapist to provide clinical assessment, care plan recommendations and programming support in the Rehabilitation Program. This position is offered on a Temporary Part-time basis with a .7 FTE commitment.
Occupational Therapists practise as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Public Hospitals Act, and the Standards set by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, Occupational Therapists provide professional care to clients.
Applicants must be available to work on all shifts including weekends.
- Current certificate of competence as a Registered Occupational Therapist with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Valid Class G Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team and community partners
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning in occupational therapy
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred