Department / Unit:
|$30.09 to $40.39 per hour
The Pembroke Regional Hospital requires two(2) Medical Radiation Technologists to work in the Diagnostic Imaging Department (Radiology & CT). These positions are offered on a Casual basis.
Medical Radiation Technologists practise as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Standards set by the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario. In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, Medical Radiation Technologists apply their knowledge of the Art and Science of X-ray Technology to provide professional diagnostic services to patients while minimizing the risk to both themselves and their patients through peer consult and by assisting X-ray Students in training in the department.
Individuals must be available to work all shifts including weekends in CT/Radiology as required.
Hours: Variety of shifts including days, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays (Subject to change based on operational needs)
- Current CAMRT (Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists) and CMRTO (College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario) registrations
- Graduate of a recognized school of x-ray technology
- Ability to practice full scope in computed tomography including IV initiation and contrast media injection
- Previous experience with computed and digital radiography
- Demonstrated experience with PACS applications
- Previous experience in a hospital or health care Diagnostic Imaging department
- Familiarity with computers and Radiology Information Systems
- Demonstrated and proven strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated and proven strong public relation skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred
- Previous cross-sectional anatomy courses is an asset