Department / Unit:
|Mental Health Services
Mental Health Services Renfrew County, under the administration of Pembroke Regional Hospital, requires two (2) Psychotherapists. These positions are offered on a Temporary Full-Time basis for up to two years.
In the context of the Ministry of Health provincial initiative – Increasing Access to Structured Psychotherapy (IASP), and in collaboration with The Royal, the psychotherapists will provide individual and possibly group cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) service to clients with mild to moderate anxiety and/or depression.
As part of a province-wide demonstration project, fidelity to the model is critical and participation in ongoing evaluation, supervision and training is essential. During the first year, the psychotherapist will work four days per week and attend off site training on the fifth day. Subsequently, training will be ongoing, with a reduced intensity.
- Completion of a Masters in Social Work (M.S.W.), Masters in Counselling or equivalent degree
- Registered in good standing with a regulatory health college in Ontario for social work practice, counselling, and/or psychotherapy (i.e. CRPO, OCSWSSW)
- Minimum three year experience working in mental health services
- Demonstrated understanding of anxiety and depression, and how these conditions impact function and quality of life
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based psychological therapies, and how these relate to interventions in the treatment of anxiety, depression and other common mental health conditions
- Demonstrated ability to develop a therapeutic rapport with clients and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Demonstrated high quality standards in all clinical documentation and correspondence with health providers
- Demonstrated ability to be self-reflective and use clinical supervision and personal development positively and effectively
- Able to attend training one day per week, complete and integrate to practice the academic components of the course
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Recent training/knowledge and demonstrated experience in providing CBT
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred