Department / Unit:
|Maternal Child Care
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for two (2) Registered Nurses (RN) to work in Maternal Child Care Program. These positions are offered on a Temporary Part-time basis with a .3 FTE commitment.
Registered Nurses practice as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Public Hospitals Act, and the Standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, RN’s provide professional nursing care to patients.
Applicants must be available to work on all shifts and weekends.
- Current certificate of competence as Registered Nurse (RN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Basic cardiac life support certificate
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the CNO standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to personal continuing education activities as per CNO QA requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Two years experience in Labour and Delivery
- Medical or Surgical experience
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) Course
- Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour (FHSL) Course
- Labour Support Course
- Breast Feeding course at a College/University level or equivalent is an asset
- Bilingualism is preferred