Department / Unit:
|Emergency Department & Intensive Care Program
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Registered Nurse (RN) to work in the Emergency Department and Intensive Care Program. This position is offered on a Casual basis.
Registered Nurses practice as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Nursing Act, and the Standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, RN’s provide professional nursing care to patients. The ED/ICU Registered Nurse, following the Standards for Critical Care Nursing in Ontario, provides safe and competent care of the critically ill patients. Following the Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale, the Registered Nurse assesses and cares for patients presenting to the ED for care and treatment.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts and weekends.
- Current certificate of competence as Registered Nurse (RN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Program of study must have included physical assessment or must provide proof of post graduate completion of this course
- Basic cardiac life support certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Recent experience and ability in cardiac rhythm interpretation, pressure monitoring, airway management and ventilator care
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing care planning process and evidence of the ability to utilize problem solving and critical thinking techniques effectively in an ED/ICU setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in critical and high stress situations
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the College of Nurses standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning in nursing
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is an asset
- The successful applicants will be required to complete the following Hospital provided certifications:
- ACLS (if not already current)
- Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale training
- Ventilator Care
Preference will be given to candidates with Emergency Nursing Certificate, or Critical Care Certificate or CNA Certification in Emergency or Critical Care Nursing or completion of an in-hospital extended emergency or critical care learning program (curriculum to be reviewed at time of hire) and LEAN Yellow Belt training.