Department / Unit:
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Registered Dietitian to provide clinical nutrition and diabetes education services as part of the Clinical Nutrition Program. This position is offered on a Permanent Part-time basis with a .4 FTE commitment.
Registered Dietitians practice as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act, and the Standards set by the College of Dietitians of Ontario (CDO). In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, RD’s provide professional care to patients.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts and weekends.
Hours: Variety of shifts including days, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays (subject to change based on operational needs)
- Current certificate of competence as a Registered Dietitian (RD) from the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Demonstrated ability to assess the patient’s learning needs and ability to plan appropriate teaching
- Demonstrated excellence in planning and delivery of education sessions to individuals or groups
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and expertise in Chronic Disease Management
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the areas of health promotion, disease prevention and collaborative management strategies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the Health Care Team
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the College of Dietitians of Ontario standards of practice
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the Canadian Diabetes Association’s Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning in dietetics
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Valid Class G Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Experience is diabetes education is an asset
- Food Safety Certificate is an asset
- Member of Canadian Society of Nutrition is an asset
- Diabetes Educator certification by the Canadian Diabetes Education Board is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
Rate of Pay: As per collective agreement.